Tuesday 27 September 2011

My Immortal - Evanescence

From this video many people have different views as to what it is really representing, but the main meaning that i found through my research was about the lyrics of the song. Songs are like poems and give off several different meaning to a range of audiences, these song lyrics show a sense of loosing ones own identity and self worth due to the loss of a loved one -this could even be that the person has been betrayed.


These specific lyrics;


"I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears"


Made me think that she feels drained and paralyzed by the fear of being alone, from this i had alot of different ideas as to why i could use this song as my music video - i have many images of a girl being alone in a ballet studio dancing, and looking as though she is trying to find herself again - her own identity needs to be revealed. To portray this i would use black and white footage of her in the studio, and then when it flashes back to when she is with her friends/boyfriend i would use colour. I did not include family as i have a feel that they might have been an influence on the person she is now, over the person she used to be, as though they have made her change, or they didn't give her the faith, support and belief that she needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment